Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

hello coupons... and couponers!


Do you like free products? Me too. One way to get coupons for free items is to email the company. There are two popular ways to go about this. Email the company and either compliment them or ask directly for coupons. Many companies appreciate the feedback that you give them on specific products. 

When contacting the companies, it is important that you be honest with your feedback while still being polite. It won't get you very far if you tell them that you hate their products. 

I contacted Huggies when I had a pack of diapers that were defective. 

"I purchased 2 bags of your little snugglers jumbo pack diapers last week. I no longer have the bag but I just want to say that I am very disappointed in these diapers. Several in this pack are missing the tabs to secure the diapers so I could not use them. I purchased them at CVS. I have been a long time user of Huggies and have never had a problem. I am hoping this is a one time scenario. I love your diapers."

This really did happen to me and I am in no way advising you to begin emailing companies with complaints when it didn't really happen. Huggies responded by sending me a coupon for a free jumbo pack and two $1 off coupons for any product no size limit. If you run into any problems don't be shy. Many of these companies would rather you let them know and give them a chance to make it right than for you to badmouth them to your friends and family.

You could also let them know that you love their products. I contacted Scotch-Brite about their heavy duty scrub sponges.

"I was recently introduced to your heavy duty scrub  sponge. I don't know how I've gone this long with other brands. You guys are amazing. The sponge doesn't break apart after a week of use like other brands. I can't believe it took me this long to find you. Thanks."

I received an email with the promise of a "complimentary package" so I'll let you know the good news.

Emailing companies can sometimes get you incredible coupons and sometimes will get you nothing at all. I have gotten a several coupons for free items  just by sending them emails with compliments. I have also gotten nothing but emails thanking me for my feedback. In some cases not even an email. 

Go ahead, give it a go. Remember to be honest and specific about what you like or dislike. Simply saying "I love your products, please send me coupons" won't get you very far. Be sure to include your mailing address with your message if there is no place to enter it. They won't know where to send you coupons otherwise.

Stay tuned for our next post about when to use the free coupons you receive. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment